As of July 2015, I have been providing Information Security Consulting Services on a contract Basis.
If interested in hiring me for consulting or a speaking engagement, please contact me at the following:
Michael Ball Consulting Inc.
61 Baxter St. Bowmanville Ontario, L1C 5P8 Cell: (647) 458-5064
Email: unix_guru at Hotmail dot com or @unix_guru on Twitter
Information Security Consulting and Architecture
Over 25 years Information Security Operations and Governance in the Finance and Insurance Sectors.
- AGF Mutual Funds, Toronto (Jan 2016 – Present), Acting CISO
- CIBC, Toronto (Feb 2016), Application Threat/Risk Analysis –Mobile Money Manager App.
- Dundee Capital Markets, Toronto (Oct 2015), Information Security Maturity Model (Cobit / ISO 27001 based)
- Dundee Capital Markets, Toronto (Nov 2015), Information Security Architectural gap analysis and Roadmap
- William Osler Health Institute, Brampton (Aug 2015), Privacy Impact Assessment for Patient Record Viewing Application.
- William Osler Health Institute, Brampton (Sept 2015), Information Security Threat/Risk Analysis for Patient Record Viewing Application.
- Trillium Health, Toronto (Mar 2016), SIEM Infrastructure Migration and Governance Review
- Air Canada, Montreal (Nov 2015), Privileged Password Management Architectural Review (CyberArk).
- Metrolinx, Toronto (Feb 2016), Privileged Password Management Architectural Design (CyberArk).
- Wajax, Mississauga (Sept 2015), Information Security Maturity Model (Cobit / ISO 27001 based)
- Wajax, Mississauga (Oct 2015), Information Security Threat/Risk Assessment (ISO 27002 based)
- Sector 2015 – Cloud Security Access Brokers
- DCD Converged Canada (Nov 2015) - Cloud Security
- SC Congress 2015 – Cloud Access Security Brokers
- SC Congress 2015 – The Role of the CISO
- CIO Innovation Summit 2015 – Identifying Corporate IS Risk
- SC Congress 2014 – Privileged Identity Access
- CyberArk Customer Event 2014 – Corporate Use Cases
- CIO Innovation Summit 2014 – Cloud Security
- Symantec Vision 2014 – Enterprise Single Sign-On
- Symantec Vision 2014 – Enterprise Host Based Security
- Privacy Impact Assessment.
- Information Security Program Threat/Risk Assessment.
- Information Security Governance Maturity Model Assessment.
- Application Threat/Risk Assessment.
- Network Vulnerability Assessment.
- Cloud Security Consultation and Architecture.
- Cloud Provider Access Review.
- SIEM Governance Review.
- Perimeter Security Review and Architecture.
- Network Security Zoning Review and Architecture.