None provided for a complete holistic end user experience.
Enter Symantec with O3:
Imagine a scenario where you could manage your user's profiles in such a manner that would only expose applications/portals/sites or specific views of those, depending on:
- The users' network location (Corporate - Home - Public Internet )
- The device the user is connecting from, (Corporate Laptop or tablet, Personal device, public kiosk)
- The users own credentials. (Username / Password, or add 2 factor RSA for apps requiring additional controls.
"Symantec O3 is a cloud information protection platform that provides context-based access control, information security and information management “as a service” for users of cloud applications and services. It supports any endpoint, including mobile. It provides compliance information for access and information events that supports audits and forensics."
With a simple B2B VPN connection between your Corporate Network and Symantec's O3 gateway service you have the ability to authenticate against any application or data store requiring:
- Kerberos, NTLM, or SPNEGO Integrated Windows Authentication
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- OTP (One Time Password) Tokens, such as RSA fobs for 2 factor authentication
- HTTP Basic Auth
Working with Symantec and their O3 team has been inspiring to say the least.
Single Sign-on for Safe Clouds Adoption:
Symantec O3 Focuses on the Cloud